Bartoli's Hideout

natmil1

Bartoli's Hideout

Postby natmil1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:57 am

I found a new route to access the step-bug in the first room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLiXAUvqIWg

Whilst inconsistent at first it can become quite simple after half an hour to an hour of trying.

Not sure on the possible time save as of yet.
Lemme know what you think!

critt886

Re: Bartoli's Hideout

Postby critt886 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:38 pm

It has potential and could be good as a method before doing a setup, making the setup a backup.
The tricky part will be getting the angle when jumping consistent.
I find this particular step annoying to do the hold walk and press down strat for some reason, so the more methods the better.

Valkyros78

Postby Valkyros78 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey there! I've begun to train myself to speedrun TR2, but I've a lot of issues doing stairs bug, especially the two necessaries for Bartoli's Hideout (this one and the one from the other side).

Can you explain me how you're able to go over the stair once you're in? Because I see you're doing small movements to be able to do this glitch.

Thanks by advance! :)

critt886

Postby critt886 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Hey Valkyros

There are different methods of doing these two step bugs,
For the first one -
You want to be right on the edge of the higher step, a good way to set this up is by being flat against the wall on the lower step (facing away from the wall), hold walk and tap back. Each time you tap back you will move a tiny amount closer to the step you want. Eventualy you will pop up onto the step, stop as soon as you see this as it won't work if you keep tapping back once up.
To clip up to the balcony, turn to face the wall (slightly right) now hold walk, forward and tap right. This should pop you up.

The second one (on the way out)
You can use the same method with holding walk and tapping back to get that perfect positioning (this time go on the higher part of the step and tap back with walk to pop down on the lower step)
Turn to face the wall as seen in the video above, when at a good angle you can hold walk and forwards. If done correctly Lara repeatedly tries to walk up to the higher step and keeps getting pushed back down. This is where the flare is needed, throwing a flare here will force you onto the higher step. Wait until Lara stops on the higher step, Now hold right (along with forward and walk you would already be holding)

Let me know if this wasn't really what you were after

Valkyros78

Postby Valkyros78 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Thank you for the quick answer, Critt! :D (And nice for the WR, btw!)

You have perfectly answered my question! I've been able to do the first step bug at the first try! :D

I was just lacking the tapping back, because i didn't know how you were supposed to glitch from the lower stair to the upper one. I'll be able to practice it now, thank you so much. ^^

critt886

Postby critt886 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:01 pm

no worries, glad its working :)

Return to “Tomb Raider II & The Golden Mask”