One more glitch question...

ActionTurnip

One more glitch question...

Postby ActionTurnip » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm doing my first live attempt at the TR4 no loads no meds no glitches challenge today on twitch... and I wanted to ask about one more shortcut:

In the Tomb of Semerkhet, Lara can climb through a railing to get to the senet playing area. This skips the whole area with the burning switches, and I've been told that it's not considered a glitch - sort of like how climbing through the railing in Bertoli's Hideout isn't considered a glitch. Would you folks agree or no?

EDIT: I'm a nub, I thought I was replying to someone in the "laser site glitch" thread but apparently I created a new one! :P

Mman
Xmas 2k10 contest winner

Re: One more glitch question...

Postby Mman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:35 am

It's not a glitch so you can/should do it (personally I think it should be one, but that's the rules).

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:41 am

To be honest, I don't really remember why it's not a glitch, but changing it would mark some Bartoli's Hideout runs as glitched.

I think that for Tomb of Semerkhet case, it should be a glitch. It's kind of a fence bug if you ask me, but it's definitely yet another shortcut that's in the "grey" area between no glitch and glitch.

ActionTurnip

Postby ActionTurnip » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 am

Sorry I didn't respond for a week(was this forum down for anyone else? I couldn't access it for several days).

Thanks for the responses.

If I had to make an argument for why it's not the same as a fence bug, it would be that the fence bug involves squeezing through a gap in the textures in an otherwise solid fence structure. The railings in these specific parts of tr2 and tr4 don't have proper collision, allowing lara to simply climb up through them without having to use any vertical seams or "glitchy movement."

But yeah when the challenge takes around 6 hours... I'd like to shave off time wherever I can. :?
Besides, if I was using proper glitches, I could skip the whole stupid board game! :lol:

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Yes, the forum was down for a couple days.

Return to “Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation”