New stuff for a potential new run

RogerL

Re: New stuff for a potential new run

Postby RogerL » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 am

Nice to see you back, Jay. That was a very nice improvement! How many segs did you end up using?

Jay

Postby Jay » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:39 am

2. I'm tempted to redo it, possibly adding a third, just so that I can improve the fall-through to skip the final monologue, buuuut...nah.

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Seems like there is a bug which essentially feels like a combination of the swan dive bug from earlier games, and crouch drop bug from Underworld. Mphm.

xRikux89

Postby xRikux89 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm

A couple of things I want to point out:

- You can get around Lara's "walk start" issue. You just have to not hold the forward key in advance.
- You can turn in place faster by adding down after pressing left/right.
- The shortcut jumps in Bouchard's Hideout are still possible without the leg upgrade, but the pull-up skip in the graveyard is not.
- The crawl-roll forward off a ledge makes Lara take considerably less fall damage. It might allow you to make it down an otherwise fatal distance, creating a shortcut somewhere.
What is this candy-assdom?

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 pm

xRikux89 wrote:A couple of things I want to point out:

- You can get around Lara's "walk start" issue. You just have to not hold the forward key in advance.
- You can turn in place faster by adding down after pressing left/right.
- The shortcut jumps in Bouchard's Hideout are still possible without the leg upgrade, but the pull-up skip in the graveyard is not.
- The crawl-roll forward off a ledge makes Lara take considerably less fall damage. It might allow you to make it down an otherwise fatal distance, creating a shortcut somewhere.

Thanks. ;)

So does swandive-rolling, actually. There are places where dropping down normally is indeed fatal, but swandive-rolling keeps Lara completely safe.

Storm

Postby Storm » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:38 pm

You might have found this out on your own already/making a huge spoiler for future runs. :mrgreen: That fall-through bug at 1:30 in your video is quite similar to this bug in Tomb of Ancients:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1lEaS-6Vmg#t=07m14s

A probably silly theory: Lara can fall through any kind of thin ground with a precise jump/landing, adding that the thin ground divides one room. (I mean room like in TRLE)

Return to “Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness”