Single-Segment All Level Runs

Doppie

Re: Single-Segment All Level Runs

Postby Doppie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:27 pm

RogerL wrote:I would like to see a difficulty section added. There are some levels that play exactly the same on any difficulty, like Helheim, and other levels where it makes a huge difference, like Out of Time.

As a mod, I think you can do it also. Atm, this is a leaderboard with only fullgame runs, so we will have to add level sections.

RogerL wrote:I don't think you should disqualify a run for this. This would disqualify every Anniversary run ever made. Whether it sucked or not is another matter.

I didn't know it was used on others TR. I remember talking to a SDA admin and told me it wasn't acceptable.

RogerL

Postby RogerL » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Doppie wrote:I didn't know it was used on others TR. I remember talking to a SDA admin and told me it wasn't acceptable.

It obviously is acceptable to SDA since they accepted jardat's TRA run. Unless they changed their rules.

Doppie

Postby Doppie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 pm

@RogerL : <IsraeliRD> we don't generally allow to reduce framerate for one glitch and then shoot it right back up, so you have low fps just for one part

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 pm

There are many things that SDA said and then didn't follow, which also means there are many runs on SDA that shouldn't be there and vice versa. Honestly, there's just too many admins and too many games to handle, so better just ignore them and maintain speedrun.com

They don't even accept RTA runs...

Mman
Xmas 2k10 contest winner

Postby Mman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:14 pm

I also changed framerate in Legend at a few segments.

I think they're talking in terms of single segment rather than runs in general.

RogerL

Postby RogerL » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:23 am

Mman, so I want to make sure I understand. You think that SDA is okay if a single segment is run at a different framerate from the rest of the run. But instantaneously changing the framerate in the middle of a segment is not okay. Or is it that different rules apply for IL runs and continuous runs?

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:53 am

What MMAN said. Or like I said, they don't have a clue and every admin says different stuff :)

Speaking of framerate, how about we add it as a variable for Legend and Anniversary?

Return to “Tomb Raider: Underworld”