Tomb Raider 9

Ewil
Site Admin

Re: Tomb Raider 9

Postby Ewil » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:06 am

Ah, then you're screwed :) Maybe if it would be on lowest difficulty and the difference between this and the hardest one would be minimal, then we could talk about another category, but definitely not something between. Sorry.

Mman
Xmas 2k10 contest winner

Postby Mman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:25 pm

You could just have a "fastest time" category, then replace the run if someone does a faster run on a lower difficulty (if the play quality is there).

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Nah, I just don't see the reason for speedrunning on middle difficulty. Either you go for the lowest in order to avoid as many fights as possible or the hardest one for maximum challenge.

Brassmaster

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:13 pm

All runners of TR 2013 currently play on Normal. The difference between Easy and Normal is so small there wouldnt be a difference in terms of speed running it. Easy gives you an auto aim to enemies which could slow you down actually. But I wont suggest changing your rules. If anyone here does want to learn it though, I'll be around to help out, and who knows, maybe I'll look into Hard mode.

Ewil
Site Admin

Postby Ewil » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm

The question is how different the game would be going from Normal to Hard unless there's some kind of trick that requires a shitload of health or sth, but I doubt that, otherwise you all would have run the game on the lowest difficulty anyway. The reason for allowing only the hardest difficulty is that the difference has been just minor thus far.

Bear in mind I know absolutely nothing about TR 2013 speedrunning, so we could probably discuss different categories according to difficulty if the difference can be really big.

Brassmaster

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 pm

No, differences are minor since most fights are skipped. On Hard, for SS runs, the change comes down to how quickly you will die. The air boat fight skip will be more difficult, same as with the Oni Stronghold fight. I might do a test run on Hard to see if it really is that much more difficult, but I'm confident that it wouldn't effect more then a handful of seconds on the best runs, which isnt much over nearly 2 hours. Since you have things in place for it to be on the highest difficulty, let's leave it there since there is no strong argument against it.

Return to “Tomb Raider 2013”